Friday 23 April 2010

RIVER CRUISING

iverWow. Its barely the end of April and here we are with the thoughts of Summer upon us. If your anything like me, planning what to do for holidays and short breaks are at the top of your list!! My first jaunt will be this weekend (River water levels permitting) I need to get 'Otters Pocket' back out and up to form this weekend, well I say 'I' when I actually mean Curtis, my other half, he is a boat engineer so he gets his hands dirty whilst I get domesticated.. Blow out the cobwebs from all corners body, mind and boat! Being on a river certainly brings a whole new level to the term 'Chill out and Relax'

Make sure you keep an eye out for the famous 'Plastic Bag fish' in city centre canals, but these are becoming rarer as British Waterways do an excellent job as is their cousin the 'Plastic Bottle Crab' amongst some of the more true natural greats, such as wild birds and a fowl.

As beautiful as these areas are, taking a river boat cruise through France and the Saone would knock socks off our ‘little’ waterways, Ill post some info on here about that over the weekend and try and show you some pictures of the ship, she really is a mighty vessel.

No comments:

Post a Comment