Saturday 9 October 2010

Queen Elizabeth - By Royal Appointment - Well Cunard at least!!

Many of you may know that Cunard is about to launch their newest ship the Queen Elizabeth. Technically the QE3 – But named the Queen Elizabeth for reason unknown to me!! Anyway – I’m sure you will all be keen to know that, along with some of my colleagues from cruise.co.uk, I will be visiting the ship this weekend, so I’m off at 11.30am today for an overnight visit prior to the official naming ceremony on Monday 11th when Her Majesty the Queen will be performing the ceremony. I’m so excited to see the ship it’s unbelievable, I will of course be taking many photographs and will upload them upon my return here and on my Facebook page – Find me by email nadinel@cruise.co.uk or by Nadinenavigates if any of you want to add me as a friend and have peek at the ship next week.


For ship geeks I’ve got the official info below:
Country of Registry: Great Britain
Speed: 23.7 Knots
Gross tonnage: 90,900 GRT
Guest Capacity: 2068
Crew: 996
Length: 964.5 feet
Width: 106 feet
Draft; 25.9 feet


Anyone got any burning questions; post them here and I will try to do my best to answer them on my return.

No comments:

Post a Comment