Thursday 20 January 2011

Blue Monday - Sad Wednesday

Yesterday was my day off work, Wednesday 19th January 2011 and we had to make a very hard decision and have our wonderful family dog Megan put to sleep, a beautiful Welsh Border Collie, who we had from a working farm in Wales in 1996!! She would have been 15 in April. Unfortunately age caught up with her and she was blind, almost deaf and could only hear loud noises and her back legs were playing her up. We would often find her having wandered into a corner, not sure how to get out - stuck standing between a wall and a door.... or in the case of the picture below, a vase of flowers!!



This is Megan.

She was such a wonderful dog and we all have fond memories, I'm from a large family - 5 Kids at home including myself (Ive got another 5 brothers and sisters in Wales with my Dad!) and Megan slotted in just lovely along with our three cats Murphy who lives with me and Ive had since I was 17 is in the photo with Megan above! Kiara who lives with Donna and Marble who unfortunately had stroke last year and became very poorly.

I remember when the children were playing in the garden and a storm came, Megan, still a relatively young pup, decide that safety was paramount and rounded all the kids up that were playing in the garden, My sisters and brother and a few friends ended up all huddled up under the patio table!!! Wish I had a photo of that!

So here's, to you my Meggy Moo.. Rest in peace we have had a wonderful time together with the family - Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment