Having a read on line I came across a feature on cruise ships, and naturally my eye lit up and I did my best meercat impression... Ooh Ooh what's going on here then???
Entitled, 'Worlds coolest cruise ships' I thought it might be about the NCL Epic Ice bar - But no! Its MSN's list of cool ships CLICK HERE to read the feature entirely.
1) Seabourn Quest that launched last June. This ships gets brownie points for the exotic destinations, on board experience and beach seafood barbecue called Caviar in the Surf!
2) Celebrity Silhouette came next - Silhouette's speciality restaurant Quisine serves up quirky dishes from animated iPad menus and a dessert list on a Rubik's cube. This features across the solstice class ships and my personal favourite is the cheese cake - Served in a two tier glass, cheesecake filling in the top with two beautifully buttery shortcakes and underneath strawberry candy floss!! GREAT STUFF..
3) Oceania Marina - For her astonishingly fantastic quisine and swish Canyon Ranch SpaClub that offers thalassotherapy and a heavenly pool area with soft-towelling-encased day beds. Foodies will be in their element at La Reserve by Wine Spectator, which offers wine and food pairings
4) Seven Seas Voyager - A personal favourite of a few of my regular passengers and its easy to see why with all inclusive shore excursions and drinks, but this on made their list for the great choice of cabins.
5) SeaDream - These one makes the list attributed to their superb itineraries and hotter climes are the perfect place to try the Balinese double dream beds, which can be made up at night with luxurious duvets and soft pillows for guests to sleep under the stars. Elsewhere, pre-loaded iPods, Bvlgari products in marble-lined bathrooms and a comprehensive on board water sports marina up the ante.
6) Norwegian Epic - Hardly surprising given the levels of innovative stuff on board - Its the night time entertainment that gets this ship listed, hardly surprising with the like of the Blue Man group and Dinner acrobatic combo.
7) Orion - Expedition cruises, take a trip with this expedition cruise operator for an experience of a lifetime: Take a trip to Borneo accompanied by botanists, marine biologists and cultural experts. Get hands on with Orangutans and other wildlife. If you are of active body & active mind, passengers will enjoy a whole host of destinations that larger ships cannot access, nor bring their guests ashore.
8) Grand Princess - Featured for her multi million Pound make over earlier this year and the new One5 nightclub, with a popular outdoor chill-out area that overlooks the ship's wake as she sails off into the sunset from Southampton.
9) Crystal Serenity - She also had a recent make over - Back in May £15million spent to update and revive her! Super staterooms and sophisticated decor on board win her a place on the list.
10) Star Clippers - For people with a passion for the open waters - the three 'Tall ships' are working sail powered vessel, great for those who like a hands on approach - You can really get involved, but MSN award this place for the 'something different' aspect..Guests can join in with the hoisting or sail one of the small dinghies when anchored in port.
Whats your 'COOLEST' Ship?
Mine would have to be the MSC Splendida - Eight Swaosovski Crystal staircases costing 1.5million Euros each! THATS COOL!