Monday 6 September 2010

ECLIPSE!

I’ve recently been invited to look around Celebrity Eclipse, so Saturday 4th September, my colleague Kim and I drag ourselves from our beds at 5.30am to get ready for 6.30 and get to Southampton for 9.30am…


We made really good time and got there just after 9.30 – Not bad as I took a wrong turn at one point – Sat Nav is a nightmare, anyway – upon getting to gate ten, there ready and waiting to start a two week Med tour was a sight to behold, the newest Solstice class celebrity ship and by lord she’s stunning. So many balconies, the whole side was virtually made of glass!


So I will be writing up some reviews this week, I took more photos than was really necessary, but hey ho – I just have to get some one more technically minded than me to load them on to my computer from my phone.


We had a wonderful tour of the ship – The sun shone nice and bright for the tour of the pool area and Lawn Club this was probably my favourite part – Strange to get excited about grass, but GRASS!! Real live growing, smelling wonderfully like child hood memories in meadows.. REAL grass!! With its own watering system and lawns keeper – It took all of my strength not to do what I threatened as soon as I smelt it and to kick of my shoes and run wildly through it. I did even joke that a cartwheel would be the only way to full appreciate it, but mine would have ended up as some strange forward roll!! So I restrained and carried on merrily enjoying the smell!


The official lines are” The Lawn Club.” The half-acre Lawn Club on Celebrity Solstice invites guests to enjoy bocce ball and croquet, practice their putting, picnic with a basket of wine and cheese, or simply feel the grass between their toes, while sailing the oceans of the world. The area also features the Hot Glass Show, another first in the industry, developed in collaboration with The Corning Museum of Glass; the Patio on the Lawn; the Lawn Club Shop, and the Sunset Bar”


Please let me know what you thought of it if you have experienced it and, don’t forget Ive got some great cruise deals which as always included this ship!

No comments:

Post a Comment