Sunday 14 November 2010

Adventures takes a detour!!

Well as most of you know Monday 8th November I was on board the Royal Caribbean - Adventure of the seas, sailing from Malaga and quite frankly the ship is AMAZING - Freedom class ships are ace. There was so much to see and do and I will be following up on this more, but I wanted to initially write about the weather!! The impact the high seas made on the first night were quite dramatic.

My thanks go out to the Captain and his team (Most of whom we met during a bridge tour) for the safe journey and for always working with the passengers and ship safety pivotal to any decisions made.

As you an see the first nights' sunset was amidst some very dark clouds and this lead to stormy high seas on the first night - Yes I was sea sick the next morning, nut this may have had an added factor of Blue Margarita a fantastic ship cocktail!

However my praise comes as we had to have a change in the planned itinerary - we were due to leave Malaga and have a day at sea heading to Corsica, however the port master advised that the weather was too bad and instead we headed to Toulon for Provence, with the anticipation we could swap the days and be in Corsica on Thursday, this however was not the case and we ended up in Palma De Mallorca (Palma de Mallorca) is the major city and port on the island of Majorca and it utterly breath taking, on a plus side the weather here was glorious, sunny warm hitting the 20s for sure and a lovely port town with an gorgeous cathedral within walking distance of the port (For the able bodied)

The Cathedral of Santa Maria of Palma, also known as La Seu, is a Gothic Roman Catholic cathedral located in Palma, Majorca, Spain, it is built on the site of a old Arab mosque. The cathedral is over 55 metres wide 121 metres high. Designed in the Catalan Gothic style but with Northern European influences, it was built for King James I of Aragon in 1229 but finally finished construction in 1601. I wont be invited those builders to do my conservatory!! It overlooks the Parc de la Mar, the port and the Mediterranean Sea.

Thanks to the unruly ways of mother nature I got to see some fantastic sights in Palma.

I will be back at work Monday 15th November 11.30 if anyone is missing me and needs to get in touch!

No comments:

Post a Comment