Monday 15 November 2010

Not such a splendor end to a cruise with Carnival!

Whilst I was away last week on the Royal Caribbean Adventure of the seas. – On Friday I caught glimpse of the CNN news whilst I was getting ready for the evenings entertainment and I saw that there were horrified passengers on board Carnival Splendour who were struggling due to an engine fire on Monday 8th November which had left them adrift for days – by the end of the week, no hot water, not hot food, no toilets to speak of were making their way back to dry land on 12th November by six tug boats pulling her back into San Diego port where there were hundreds of family members waiting amidst journalist waiting for the Scoop direct from the passengers. When I saw it in CNN on Friday there was a guy saying that he felt Cruise line had lied to them by not telling them that there was an actual fire, but a smoke issue from one of the engine rooms. He added: 'I felt like they were kind of leading us on and lying to us. They weren't telling us what was really happening. The whole area was filled with smoke and it doesn't take a rocket scientist to see what is going on'.

I found the article on the Daily Mail if you want to have a read on the full story - http://www.dailymail.co.uk/travel/article-1328992/Carnival-Splendor-passengers-vacation-hell.html

After such a wonderful week myself I wonder how I would have coped with such a dramatic return to the home lands? Has anyone incurred such things? Any dramas surrounding your return.

No comments:

Post a Comment