Thursday 23 December 2010

Let Black Watch Entertain you!!

Before I go off for my Christmas break - I'm back on 28th December after a few hours in the office tomorrow (Christmas Eve) I wanted to do a review for you!

The acts I saw on board:
Taffy Spencer – Comedy Magician! http://www.taffyspencer.co.uk/
The Black Watch theatre company
Alan Sheils - Piano Entertainer 
Timeline – Duo - http://tld.timelineduo.com
The Rat Pack Returns –  http://www.ngmproductions.co.uk/

The majority of my evenings were spent in the Lido Bar, which becomes a hub of activity after dinner, I opted for a later dinner (8.30) as I'm not one for rushing when I don't have to and this gave way to brilliant sights - Black Watch always do two shows per night - so if your on early dinner you don't miss out with a 8.30 and 10.30 showing of whatever entertainment is on in the Neptune Lounge; The Black Watch production of Juke box jive was brilliant an array of swirling skirts and an amazing adaptation of 'Austin Powers' it was very funny! The dancers were brilliant and the lead girl, I Don't know her name or I would have given her a mention.

Also in the Neptune lounge - A laugh a minute - the wacky world of Taffy Spencer - I immediately warmed to Taffy upon hearing his accent in the Lido bar on the first night - He is a fellow Welshman and I always smile when I hear the accent - However seeing his show later in the week, I was amazed by one or two of his magic items - The finale of the pipe smoker was astounding and such a breath of fresh air - I had face ache from laughing!! My friend Paul though he was really good too!

Bob Webb followed him with some more traditional comedy, not that took the spotlight off at all - managed to deliver some very funny takes on older more well known jokes...Not that I can remember them now though!

However the absolute highlight for me was a wonderful tribute act which was part of the 'Music and Laughter' programme - THE RAT PACK RETURNS!! Three guys who astounded me with the sing a like voices, with a little 'filler' between songs, entertaining in every sense!! Frank Sinatra, Dean Martin and Sammy Davis Jnr!! outstanding and the applause at the end of the show really gave such brilliant reflection of how much everyone enjoyed them selves, I missed the first one, but I over heard lots of other passengers exclaim what a good time they had all had! So I made sure that I saw that one! For a taster of what to expect - check out this link! THRILLING - I've just shown my boyfriend the clip and he thought they were good too!

So if you want to be entertained I highly recommend a trip on one of the Music and Laughter cruises - Fingers crossed that Fred Olsen decide to roll them on for the next season too.

No comments:

Post a Comment