Monday 23 May 2011

Honey I'm home!!

After my weekend away – I'm back hard at the grindstone that is cruise.co.uk. Sometimes it’s not where you are and what your doing that makes a holiday, but the people you are with and the people who make that holiday extra special. Its friendly faces that make it!

We had a wonderful time, we visited Galstonbury & The Challice Well, this is me drinking from the well, which is meant to be healing, my Nan politely said perhaps it will cure me of my fatness!!!! Bless her indeed.

As from my last blog, I’ve spent the weekend in Western Super Mare with my family staying at the Sandringham Hotel opposite the Grand Pier. The hotel itself is under going some much needed refurbishments, we had a selection so different rooms as we were a big family group – My room was in much need of restoration it is due, whereas my Aunt and Uncles' room next door had already had the work completed to a high standard and was really neat! There are family rooms, single rooms, even some ‘Flats’ which my sister Hayley was lucky enough to have been booked into, with its own kitchen come lounge area stocked with mod cons, cooker, microwave kettle etc. I have to mention one lady who was Exceptionally good – A lady named Sue, our waitress, the most kind hearted a wonderful woman, made even a gloomy windy departure breakfast a lovely experience, she took a shine to my niece and even went so far as to buy her a small departure gift. Sue you are an absolute asset to the hotel. 


Me and my WONDERFULL Nan.

Now this all makes me think of the policy or attitude towards tipping on board ships.


Personally I agree with pre paid gratuities where possible, because staff work hard to earn those, then if any (Like Sue) goes above and beyond I will always make sure that a thank you pieces of paper graces their palms, I was wondering your thoughts on gratuities on board?


No comments:

Post a Comment