Tuesday 21 June 2011

Queen Elizabeth detour causes a stir in Travenmunde

During one of my ‘welcome home’ calls – I like to ring my cruise.co.uk passengers upon their return to find out how they got on with their cruises and relish in the tales to be told and the excitement and wonder that is held by new cruisers. Its great fun and has such an awesome sense of satisfaction hearing how much you all enjoy cruising, just as much as I do!
Back to my QE Story – Mr Britton-Jones, has kindly relayed to me about a port change that Cunards Queen Elizabeth made into the German port of Travemunde. I went to Travemunde in December on the Fred Olsen Black Watch, and to be honest, it’s quite a sleepy sea side town that looked like it had a high level of student activity there Check out Wikepedia take on Travemunde here:

Queen Elizabeth was, according to my passengers the largest ever cruise ship to dock at Travenmunde and caused quite a stir! Mr Britton-Jones was kind enough to send me some photos of the event, where due to the unprecedented stature of the vessel in port there were many, many people waving the ship off and they even had a procession of speed boats follow them out in celebration, It looks like the atmosphere would have been electric!


No comments:

Post a Comment